I was nominated for this award by Alexandra @ Youandmeandcupofcoffee. She runs a great lifestyle blog covering beauty, food, movies, and more! You should definitely go check it out if you haven’t already! On to the award itself, as is the case with most of these it consists of answering questions presented to you by the one who tagged you.
The ‘Rules’ of the Real Neat Blog Award
1. Put the award logo on your blog.
2. Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
3. Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs.
4. Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs; and asking them seven questions.
5. Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog etc.)
1. What is your favorite music genre? Please share your favorite band/singer/song.
My favorite genre of music is alternative/rock, and I would have to say my favorite band is The Killers!
2. Apart from blogging, what are your passions/hobbies?
I love to write in general, so I am working on my first book! The other big passion project in my life is the Life’s Ok Podcast I started with my friends. Give it a listen if you want to hear us talk about life and video games!
3. If you could instantly acquire any skill, what would it be?
In a practical sense, it would be video editing skills. I have always wanted to start into YouTube, but the idea of handling video always makes it seem like a lot to learn.
4. What inspired you to start a blog?
I wanted a creative outlet for my writing, and I felt like writing reviews of books and video games was the most obvious way forward in that respect. I am so happy I did, it has been more rewarding than I ever could have thought.
5. Have you ever experienced a writer’s block? If so, could you share your tried-and-true strategies to get out of it?
When I get writer’s block, the thing that works best for me is to just write down anything. I have set word count goals for myself in the different forms of writing I do, so no matter what I get that many words written out. They don’t all have to be great, or even good, but the act of writing on its own is what gets me out of those slumps.
6. Imagine you’re opening a restaurant. What kind of a restaurant would it be and what cuisine would you focus on?
It would have to be Mexican food, I love Mexican food and always have! Growing up in a half-Mexican household has let me enjoy the most amazing food and that would be the type of food I would want to share!
7. If you could meet and have a conversation with any person, alive or dead (let’s assume time travel exists), who would it be and why?
I would want to talk to Edgar Allan Poe. I know this is probably not the most original answer in the world, but his writing is so much of the reason I fell in love with reading. The way he was able to create such beautiful, haunting, and dark tales was mesmerizing to me.
The Questions I Want to Ask You
- What is your favorite genre to read?
- Do you prefer hard cover, paperback, or eBooks?
- Do you have any pets? (Pictures are welcome!)
- Who is your favorite video game character of all time?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Who is the person that has influenced your life the most?
- What is one thing you think more bloggers should be doing online?
As always thanks so much for reading! I can’t wait to read the answers from these bloggers and I urge you all to go check out their sites, they all do great work! Check back here (at least) every Wednesday and Saturday for new posts or sign-up via email to make sure you never miss anything!